Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mystery Workshop


I guess even though most people probably new about the mystery workshop, I missed the memo and it was still a mystery to me.  What? We get to build a fort in class? How cool is that?  It kind of reminded me of my brother and I and how we used to make forts out of blankets and bed sheets all of the time and then have sleepovers with our friends and we would ‘camp out’ in the fort we had made.  It was pretty cool that instead of listening to lectures or taking tests or giving a power point presentation we got to eat junk food and build a fort out of blankets, bed sheets, and C stands.  Then we got to eat more junk food as a reward for building a cool fort that was just big enough to fit our whole class inside.  It was nice not having anything to worry about except for building the fort within twenty minutes.  After building the fort, watching our films on a white bed sheet was really neat.  It was a really cool way to look at and discuss everybody’s projects.  I loved how such projected images only needed a bed sheet for pretty decent viewing given the materials we had to work with at the time.  I have to say though after a while I could not help but to get a little squirmy due to such tight conditions.  It got more and more difficult to move and figure out how to sit, but that is all the fun of it too. I love how we had to read and learn about something and then we get to actually apply it in real life.  I mean, we had to read an article about what a rough theater was and then to get a better idea and feel for what a rough theater is, we build one in class together.   That is pretty awesome.  I loved being given the opportunity to apply such knowledge.  It was a really good thing that there were a couple of cameras going around the room so some documentation was able to be made for the fun that we had that night.  Now if I get on Facebook I can look at the stuff we did anytime I want to. Ok and yes part of it is because that means more pictures for me to be tagged in on Facebook too.

No comments:

Post a Comment