Monday, April 4, 2011

Beat Stretch


I would definitely say that the beat stretch was very soothing.  It would be something perfect to fall asleep to but other than that I really do not think it is something that I’d like to listen to on my own.  The music was beautiful but I just felt like it was the same thing over and over and over again for a solid hour.  When I first started listening to it, I wondered if the music was even playing since it started out so quietly.  Personally, since I like songs that are fast paced it is hard for me to have interest in slower moving pieces of music.  Another opinion that I have about the beat stretch is that I thought that it sounded quite eery.  It sounded a little dark and spooky in a way.  It kind of made me think of being stuck in a dark forest with tall trees and the silence of the forest was constantly being interrupted by the sounds of creepy animals.  This is, at least, what stuck out to me the most.  I guess now if I think about it, the music sounds a little somewhat spooky, yet I think it to be quite soothing and relaxing.  The day I listened to it, I had just got back from Connecticut for the week.  I was feeling pretty stressed out from all of the projects, papers, and tests that I know are coming up.  Trying to get everything together before the end of your last semester is pretty challenging.  Anyway, before I go off on a tangent, listening to the beat stretch almost made me forget about all of the things that I have going on and to just sit down, slow down and breathe.  After a long yet short week of constantly being somewhere and going all the time, just sitting down and listening to a classical piece of music was kind of nice.  The assignment required us to not do anything while listening to the music.  I guess I am glad that I was pretty much assigned to chill out and listen to music for a good long while.  Not my first choice of music, but still comforting and soothing nonetheless.  I really do not listen to classical music all that much but I guess when I am forced to listen to this genre, it is kind of nice to listen to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment