Monday, May 2, 2011

My Favorite 6x1 Project

            It is safe for me to say that I have loved every single one of the projects assigned in this class.  However, I think that my favorite project that I have done in 6x1 was probably and surprisingly the Bolex Shoot.  I think that this assignment was my favorite was because I learned the most with it and to make it even more special I learned everything on my own and without any help from my classmates.  I learned the most hands on film stuff more in this project than I have ever done in any other one of my film studies classes. And since I want to be a cinematographer I love any chance I get to learn about cameras.  It does not matter which one.  Throughout the blogs I have mentioned that I love every opportunity I get to mess with real film.  It feels more authentic I guess…if that’s what you can call it.  I got to set up the shoot on my own, and I got to have some fun with my group members from my 495 class.  Just that day alone was a lot of fun.  The shooting part itself went a lot better than I thought it would.  I learned how to load the camera by myself and learned how to operate it by myself.  It took me a while but I think I got the hang of it for the most part and would be willing to shoot on one again.  Yes I wanted to throw a fit when I found that the film did not come out the way it was supposed to and the entire project really stressed me out overall, but I feel like I walked away with a lot of good material.  I have always wanted to learn how to process film too.  I was able to do that on my own as well.  Ok maybe I would have liked someone to have been in there with me because I am afraid of the dark.  Yeah the red light was in there but that kind of made it a little scarier and the lights in there almost looked like human figures.  Other than that I am glad that I got the opportunity.  At first, I would have thought that since this project probably stressed me out the most it would be my least favorite but I guess I would rather learn something with some added stress than work on a project that just bored me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment