Monday, March 21, 2011

48 Hours


So yeah, the 48 hour video race.  This will be something interesting and unique that I have never done before.  We will definitely see what happens because my improv is not outstanding.  I have been thinking about the types of devices to capture images that we can use and so far, all I have got for an idea is using my phone to capture video.  I am really glad I decided to switch back to my old phone so I can capture video since it seems to be my only source right now.  In the meantime I will continue to figure out if I can find out any other pieces of equipment that I can use to film the project.  I figured I can tell a narrative story with a suggestive take on experimental editing style.  I am not entirely sure on that yet.  I am short on ideas right now and am not exactly sure on what I would like to do yet.  It will be twice as interesting to see what happens when I have my mystery prop picked out that has to be put into the film.  Maybe I can do a film of someone who is trying to send a last minute message to someone and has no other way of communication.  Maybe they have to send a video because a voicemail will not do since the person who they are trying to contact never checks their voicemail that often.  Maybe the reason for that can be that only wrong numbers usually leave voicemails so that person does not try and listen to voicemails any longer.  Or the person trying to send the video message wanted to say something special and the best way they thought they could do so was by video message.  I know that happens sometimes.  Maybe it’s someone trying to send a threatening message to someone else and they wanted to seem more intimidating by a message with image.  Eh, sounds pretty basic so far, but hopefully I can think of something more exciting and interesting to come up with soon.  For now I will continue to think of something a little more creative and hopefully something will come to mind.  Hopefully, I can try and use another type of device besides a phone, but we will see.  I am very interested to see what everyone will come up with for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment