Thursday, February 17, 2011

Well Reading

I’ll start off by saying that I absolutely LOVE animation.  I really wish that my ability to do animation was better because it is a field that I would have loved to get into.  Being a senior, I wish I would have gotten the opportunity to do more animation work.  I took 220, but didn’t really feel like I was able to learn too much. It was a bit disappointing.  I am really excited that we get to play with a little animation in this class. I’m really looking forward to it.  Any type of animation that I can become familiar with would be really nice.  Animation is definitely a field in film that should not be taken lightly.  It is an extremely difficult area of film if one does not know what they are doing.  I feel like this area of film requires a great deal of skill. 
Animation has provided cartoons which are some of the most entertaining and amusing pieces in the world.  I am 21 years old and I still love all kinds of the Disney movies.  My favorite Disney movie is The Lion King.  I have always been curious to how the animators of this film were able to pull off what they did.  Not only was this movie great but the animation was beautiful, especially for the way they were able to capture the emotions of the characters.  I would have loved to have known in more detail how they were able to get such images onto film, and know the way they were able to make such beautiful drawings come to life.  Not only does this go for The Lion King, but for any animated Disney movie that was animated by first being hand drawn.  It takes a lot to make a great film, but one must know a whole lot in order to make a great film that is animated.  It is admirable knowing that people have the motivation and devotion to make such great films that take over a couple of years to make.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure that you are specifically referencing the readings. It's good that you are exploring some of your own thoughts, regarding animation, but just make sure that you are discussing these thoughts in the context of the readings.

    ReplyDelete